Date:      Sun, 01 Feb 1998 23:05:04 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Libretto sound

opl0 at 0x388 on isa
snd0: <Yamaha OPL3 FM>

from the most recent -current kernel.  Looks like /dev/snd works (how
do I prove that?), but /dev/dsp doesn't (at least xgalaga doesn't).
Is this expected behavior?  Any ideas about how to make it work.  I've
never seen (or heard) xgal before and hoped to hear it on my libretto
50ct... :-)

Here's the lines from the config file I used.  I suspect all I really
need is the controller and the opl lines.  Someone was asking about
this a while ago, but I didn't save the context....  MAybe this will
help that person.

controller      snd0
device pas0     at isa? port 0x388 irq 10 drq 6 vector pasintr
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
device awe0     at isa? port 0x620
device gus0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 12 drq 1 vector gusintr
#device gus0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 12 drq 1 flags 0x3 vector gusintr
device mss0 at isa? port 0x530 irq 10 drq 1 vector adintr
#device css0    at isa? port 0x534 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x08 vector
adintr
device sscape0  at isa? port 0x330 irq 9 drq 0 vector sscapeintr
device sscape_mss0  at isa? port 0x534 irq 5 drq 1 vector sndintr
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388
device mpu0     at isa? port 0x330 irq 6 drq 0
device uart0 at isa? port 0x330 irq 5 vector "m6850intr"

Warner