Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2017 12:57:02 +0930
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        B J <va6bmj@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Equivalent To Adobe Acrobat

On 04/07/2017 10:02, B J wrote:

> I tried several and those you mentioned might have been among them.
> None of them appeared to fill in blanks, assuming, of course, I did
> things right in the first place.  For each one, I would get a message,
> embedded in the file I was looking at, which said something about me
> having to use Acrobat.

Could depend on the specific pdf file, pdfs can have some adobe only
features such as XFA and javascript, as these aren't part of the
official spec I expect they aren't supported in free software.

As it has been a few years since I used a pdf form I was curious and
searched for some samples and found both okular and evince allowed me to
fill in and save the forms, one form I got didn't display form data in
evince even though I could see it while editing.

I found that okular has better annotation tools (Tools->Review) which
includes an inline text annotation which would work if you are printing
the form but may not work if you are submitting it electronically.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler