Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:46:59 -0500
From:      Danie du Toit <ddutoit@usa.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: how to tell if my ISP is blocking email & web ports

   Just run tc= pdump / ethereal (or any sniffer) on a PC at your place
   and telnet throug= h the Internet to your IP address on ports 110, 80,
   25.  If you can = see this packets, your ISP is not blocking it.
   freebsd-ques= tions-request@freebsd.org wrote:

     Send freebsd-questions mailing list submiss= ions to
     freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
     To subscribe or unsubsc= ribe via the World Wide Web, visit
     http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/l= istinfo/freebsd-questions
     or, via email, send a message with subject = or body 'help' to
     freebsd-questions-request@freebsd.org
     You c= an reach the person managing the list at
     freebsd-questions-owner@free= bsd.org
     When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is mor= e
     specific
     than "Re: Contents of freebsd-questions digest..."
     Today's Topics:
     1. Re: How to mount a FreeBSD-5.1 partition = from FreeBSD-4.9
     (Jerry McAllister)
     2. passwd command problem. (f= alaki@ce.sharif.edu)
     3. RE: Unable to mount CDrom in 5.2, reading pas= t threads is of
     no help (fbsd_user)
     4. Re: ipfw/nated stateful ru= les example (Jonathan Chen)
     5. latency (Stas)
     6. (cmustard@nyc.rr= =2Ecom)
     7. Re: Using FreeBSD to burn in computers (Jeremy Faulkner) <=
     BR>8. new install of 5.2 ISO aft hour system freeze cold reboot
     only = option (cmustard@nyc.rr.com)
     9. ALSA drivers (Stas)
     10. Re: ALSA = drivers (Kenneth Culver)
     11. Re: USB sound device questions (multiple= s!)
     (Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN])
     12. Re: latency (Lance E. Lott)
     1= 3. Re: latency (Benjamin Walkenhorst)
     14. Re: latency (Cordula's Web)=
     15. Re: ALSA drivers (Cordula's Web)
     16. Re: IPFW and Dynamic Ru= les (Dave McCammon)
     17. Re: passwd command problem. (Jonathan Chen) <= BR>18.
     Monolithic kernel possible in 5.2? (Peter Schmiedeskamp)
     19. R= e: ALSA drivers (Thomas T. Veldhouse)
     20. how to tell if my ISP is bl= ocking email & web ports
     (fbsd_user)
     Message: 1