Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 20:36:54 +0200
From:      Stefan Schwarzer <sschwarzer@sschwarzer.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   passwd(5) line order causes blocking of top(1) - why?

Hello

About a week ago I had a problem with a top(1) that blocked. I found a workaround
after discovering that the blocking occured when a NIS netgroup entry in passwd(5)
was placed before any of its users' entries (for a more thourough description of
the backgound see the second link given below).

Ok, I found a workaround, but can anyone explain this behaviour? Is it a bug
in FreeBSD?

Reference URLs:

My original question:
   http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=153740+0+archive/2002/freebsd-questions/20020728.freebsd-questions

The description of a solution (or rather a workaround) and the background of my
question at the top of this mail:
   http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=639426+0+archive/2002/freebsd-questions/20020728.freebsd-questions

Many thanks in advance for your replies :-)

Stefan