Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:46:40 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How is 4.4-RELEASE shaping up?

From: Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Subject: How is 4.4-RELEASE shaping up?
Date: Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 11:09:59AM -0600

> I haven't been able to follow the progress of the 4.4 release candidates,
> but after reading some of the postings on the -STABLE mailing list, I
> wonder whether it'll be a good idea to upgrade production machines to
> 4.4-RELEASE. What do folks think? Will this release be a good milestone?
> Or will it pay to wait until 4.5, or at least a snapshot between 4.4 and
> 4.5? Frank feedback on the strong and weak areas of 4.4 as it stands now
> would be appreciated.

<paranoid>

Am probably being paranoid here, but a -RELEASE is never good enough
for production machines.  I would wait until a .2 release comes out,
and only then use a 'test box' to install and see how things will work
for me.  If things work nicely in that test box, only then upgrade the
machines running older stuff.

</paranoid>

-giorgos