Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2007 20:28:17 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>, Artem Kuchin <matrix@itlegion.ru>
Subject:   Re: Filesystem corruption and bad perfomance with SRCS16 and PAE ( raid	5 2TB)

--nextPart2053819.Y63mYyM94I

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 19:23, Artem Kuchin wrote:
> FreeBSD/amd64 is a very young platform on FreeBSD. While the core FreeBSD
> kernel and base system components are generally fairly robust, there are
> likely to still be rough edges, particularly with third party packages."
>
> scares me. Do you really think it is better than PAE?

PAE is quite young as well, I think it was committed to the tree around Mar=
ch=20
2003. The earliest AMD64 commit I could find was May 2003 although repo=20
copying makes it confusing..

I think you'll find the list of drivers incompatible with PAE to be much=20
longer with amd64.

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum