Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 11:54:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Brennan W Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>
Cc:        Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world failed

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Brennan W Stehling wrote:

> The problem was that the makeworld.html page did not warn that moving from
> 3.x to 4.0 needed to be done differently.

	The actual problem was that you stuck to that web page as your
only source of information. Right at the very top of that page, in bold
letters it says that you need to subscribe to and read the -stable and/or
-current mailing lists before trying to track -stable. If you had done
that, you would have seen ample discussion about the particular problems
related to that upgrade.

	I realize that you don't want to accept responsibility for your
actions, but please stop posting hear trying to convince us that there is
some way we could have unloaded the gun before you pointed it at your
foot.

Thanks,

Doug
--
    "So, the cows were part of a dream that dreamed itself into
existence? Is that possible?" asked the student incredulously.