Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 13:19:14 -0600
From:      tom@peeper.jackson.org (Tom Jackson)
To:        mpp@freefall.freebsd.org (Mike Pritchard)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange fortune

Mike Pritchard writes:
> Tom Jackson wrote:
> >
> > Here's a funny quirk. Running 3.0-current with last built kernel showing
> > ctm#2718 and stuck in Lite2 hell like all other lurkers. My .login has the
> > line 'fortune -a'. Recent logins have the fortune cut off to all but the
> > last line. Manual 'fortune -a' and 'fortune' repeat the bug but strangely
> > 'fortune -o' seems fine. Weird.
>
> Must be some type of Lite2 problem.  I just tried a freshly compiled
> fortune on thud (3.0-current a bit before the Lite2 merge) and it
> works just fine.
>
> Do the fortunes get cutoff if you run fortune by hand afer logging in,
> and does your fortune contain my recent change to help it be a bit more
> random?
yes, by manual I mean typing fortune by hand

btw I did check and /dev/urandom is there.
---
Tom Jackson                                             Powered by FreeBSD
toj@gorilla.net                                      http://www.freebsd.org
tjackson@tulsix.utulsa.edu                           "Out in the Ozone Again"