Date:      Sat, 4 Jun 2011 08:50:11 GMT
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: kern/153887: [linux] Linux emulator not understand STB_GNU_UNIQUE binding

The following reply was made to PR kern/153887; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Cc: saper@saper.info
Subject: RE: kern/153887: [linux] Linux emulator not understand STB_GNU_UNIQUE
 binding
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 01:36:19 -0700

 Hi,

  > I don't think that this area belongs to the linux emulator, as this
 problem probably is related to the runtime linker and not the kernel.
 Two questions, though:

 Why it doesn't belong to emulator? Runtime linker for Linux executables
 is outdated, this is related to linux emulator.

  > (1) did you run "brandelf -t Linux" on your program binary?

 No I didn't, usually linux executables (like skype and acroread) don't
 need this.

 (2) can you provide us with a small testcase (like a one-line program
 trying to use libstdc++ in a smiliar way)?

 Regarding the testcase, my linux executable itself doesn't use the
 symbol _ZNSt7num_getIcSt19istreambuf_iteratorIcSt11char_traitsIcEEE2idE.
 Instead it links with some open source shared libraries, some of which
 probably links to this symbol.

 But looking at the readelf output it's pretty clear what triggers the
 problem.

 Yuri