Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:05:56 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@sunbay.com>
To:        Ryan Nera <rnera@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, bugs@bugs.au.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VPN - NATD

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 01:02:48AM +1000, Ryan Nera wrote:

> Hey guys...
>
> Work has just setup a VPN ...
>
> I have a FreeBSD 4.1 box as my gateway ..ipfw,natd
>
> From my local subnet can I connect to the VPN even though my workstation is
> behind the gateway and its IP is hidden by NATD ?

PPTP is supported, with one exception:

PPTP aliasing does not work when more than one internal client connects to
the same external server at the same time, because PPTP requires a single
TCP control connection to be established between any two IP addresses.
connect to the same remote peer at a time.

I would suggest to update to 4.1-STABLE, it contains some minor PPTP fixes
for libalias(3).

--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,
ru@sunbay.com		Sunbay Software AG,