Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 11:34:53 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: more on the pcmcia saga.

> Darren Reed wrote:
> >
> > It appears that having "pccardd" enabled in /etc/defaults/rc.conf
> > causes it to be started very early with the end result of the
> > "pcic controller" also allocating irq9 (in a separate pair of
> > messages).  i.e. this appears early on:
> >
> > PC-Card Cirrus Logic PD672X (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
> > pcic: controller irq 5
> >
> > just before "Initializing PC-card drivers: fdc" - fdc ?! - and then

Yes, we support the YE-Data floppy controller card.

> > later, whilst fsck'ing or whatever, I saw this:
> >
> > PC-Card Cirrus Logic PD672X (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
> > pcic: controller irq 9
> >
> > What's going on here ?

This is breakage in the 3.1 release's pccard infrastructure.  Remove
the 'kldload' line from /etc/rc.pccard, and make sure you have both the
pcic and card devices in your kernel.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org