Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:30:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <siremick@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Enlightenment, Freetype, and XFree86

It's been a few months since I did a FreeBSD install, and I'm having more
trouble getting X going than I did before. Actually it's not X
specifically... I think I'm ok there (it starts)... but getting
Enlightenment going as my wm. I installed 4.7-Release and XFree86 4.2.0
(from ports). I tried to install Enlightenment from ports but it complained
about no Freetype. So I installed Freetype2 2.1.2 from ports. But it doesn't
seem to make Enlightenment happy:

checking for freetype.h... no
checking for freetype/freetype.h... no
checking for TT_Init_FreeType in -lttf... no
ERROR: Enlightenment needs a system with libttf.so (TrueType Font Library)
You can obtain it from:
ftp://ftp.enlightenment.org/pub/enlightenment/
ftp://www.rasterman.com/pub/enlightenment/
You can also obtain it from:
http://www.freetype.org/
You can obtain some truetype fonts from:
http://voyager.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/web_library/fonts/font_archive/
configure: error: Fatal Error: no FreeType detected.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to vanilla@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and
attach
      the
      "/usr/ports/x11-wm/enlightenment/work/enlightenment-0.16.5/config.log"
      including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it
might
      be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on
your
      system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-wm/enlightenment.

I tried scanning for libttf.so and could not find it. Does Enlightenment not
work w/ Freetype2? Do I need to install Freetype 1.3.1 instead?  I keep
ports current w/ cvsup.

=====
Scott I. Remick   --==--   ICQ: 450152
Save the internet - Use Mozilla: http://home.adelphia.net/~sremick/mozilla/
"Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."