Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:47:48 -0400
From:      asolomon15 <asolomon15@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   can't get support for postgresql or mysql

Hello everyone...   I have a problem getting support for mysql within
php.   I am running freebsd 5.2.1 and php 4.3.8.  When I tried to run a
php script that uses a mysql db connection, I got  this error
  *Fatal error*: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in

I did a phpinfo() and noticed i didn't see any mysql or postgresql
support in it.   I then tried to install php4-mysql module from the
freebsd ports and still no luck.    I also tried reinstalling both and I
still end up in the same situation.   I did a google search for how to
load a mysql module but I keep getting articles about how to load it
with apache.   What should I do?

Antoine