Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 1996 23:11:28 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Bogusz Jelinski <bogusz@lib.amu.edu.pl>
Cc:        Jack Wenger <jwenger@bentreality.com>, questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: X won't Fire

On Sun, 6 Oct 1996, Bogusz Jelinski wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Jack Wenger wrote:
>
> > Hi All
> > I just installed (yep, a newbie question) FreeBSD 2.1.5 (walnut grove
> > cd-rom) and got it to run fine. Now, when I try to run Xwindows, I get the
> > reply "command not found". I've rebooted numerous times, and tried all of
> > the commands to start X I could find (startx, xinit, xdm ...) NOTHING! This
> > is logged in as root, as me (user name = jack), nothing seems to work. The
>
> Add /usr/X11R6/bin and /usr/X11R6/lib to your PATH.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ only that path

__
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de
pgp p-key  http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html  >>> powered by <<<
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Printing/aps-491.tgz  >>>    FreeBSD <<<