Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:05:15 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELF Catch22

In article <XFMail.980924211137.shimon@simon-shapiro.org>,
Simon Shapiro  <shimon@simon-shapiro.org> wrote:

> file /usr/local/lib/libjpeg*
>
> /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.a:      current ar archive
> /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.la:     English text
> /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so:     symbolic link to libjpeg.so.9.0
> /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so.9:   symbolic link to
> /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so.9.0
> /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so.9.0: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386,
> version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped

There should be no ELF shared library with 2 version numbers.  This
port hasn't been converted to ELF yet.

Please search the mailing lists before reporting problems like this.
This particular problem has already been discussed before.  Also, if
you would read the lists you would know that we are in a conversion
period for the ports, when many things are expected to be broken.