Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 15:27:07 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Malayter <mustang@TeraHertz.Net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -lc vs. -lc_r (building Apache-PHP)

Along this line of problems,

I am having serious problems compileing a usable apache binary when
compileing modphp with IMAP support.  It works fine for me when I just
compile any other service or combination of services.

Here's the error:

Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.9
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
 + activated php3 module (modules/php3/libphp3.a) Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for FreeBSD 3.4 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
    o php3_module uses ConfigStart/End
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options ** A test compilation with
your Makefile configuration ** failed. This is most likely because your C
compiler ** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such ** as
gcc. The above error message from your compiler ** will also provide a
clue.
 Aborting!
venus#

Here's my uname:
FreeBSD venus.terahertz.net 3.4-STABLE FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE #3: Mon Dec 27
08:34:56 CST 1999
mustang@venus.terahertz.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/VENUS  i386

I tried doing this under 3.3-RELEASE and had the same error from
apache.  I have tried upgrading my IMAP libs, with no luck.  I have tried
downgrading apache, and php, and get the same result.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Chris Malayter

Mustang@TeraHertz.Net

Administrator, TeraHertz Communications