Date:      Mon, 14 May 2007 14:36:45 +0200
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        AN <andy@neu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: cdrtools question

On 12/23/-58 20:59, AN wrote:
> Thanks for getting back to me.  I tried your suggestion, but it did not
> work.  Here's what I did:
>
> 1 Tried to pkg_delete cdrtools
> that failed because of dependencies
>
> 2 pkg_delete -f
> that deleted the old crtools
>
> 3 install compat5x
> it became necessary some time time ago
>
> 4 installed 2.01.01a11 from ports with make install clean
> installed successfully

Andy,

I'm unable to help with your real problem but switching from cdrtools
to cdrtools-devel goes like this:

`portupgrade -o sysutils/cdrtools-devel cdrtools'

It's a one liner. Your way could cause a lot of trouble (and eat up
your time). You should make sure your dependencies are still in sync
(`pkgdb -F').

HTH

Volker