Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2015 17:04:45 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@gmail.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10 and manually compile applications without gcc

Hi Matthew,

Thank you do much for that short lecture. It really helps:)

I am fond of compiling  bleeding edge apps at certain times to see how the
new features created will play with my setup and then give feedback to the
developers. Then again there are times like this, when I am having a hell
with squid-3.4.10 on FreeBSD 10 (amd64) - with memory leaks. I an running
with the same configuration on FreeBSD 9.3 (amd64) but with Squid-3.5.0.4
and have no memory leaks!

I know the best way to get around this would be report to squid dev about
it, but I wanted to try squid-3.5 and it's not in the ports, hence the need
to compile by hand.

So is there a shortcut way?:)

On 19 January 2015 at 16:47, Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk

--