Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 17:00:02 -0500
From:      David Friedman <driz@away.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   radius config for Qwest?

I've tried every radius server available in ports, with similar results...

Users dialing into a Dialinx.net NAS (a Qwest affiliate) work perfectly fine.
Users dialing into a Qwest NAS can't connect, and in my radius.log, I see
the following:

Dec 06 21:31:05: Auth: Login incorrect: [dave@away.net/]

It looks pretty typical of somebody not sending a password, but further
testing shows that the Qwest NAS does show the "Entering PPP Mode" message,
as well as an IP.  If I change the auth-type to "Accept", they work fine
(as expected).

Does anyone here maintain radius for use in conjunction with Qwest or
have any information on the type of NAS they use?

Thanks.
--
David Friedman - http://www.away.net/

BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"