Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:22:31 -0700
From:      Robin Schoonover <end@endif.cjb.net>
To:        Dominic Marks <dom@helenmarks.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Save the Demon!

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:44:01 +0000 Dominic Marks <dom@helenmarks.co.uk>
wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 February 2005 23:31, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> > Can this be true?  Are they really looking to kill the FreeBSD
> > demon? This borders on sacrilege.
>
> From http://logo-contest.freebsd.org/announce.txt
>
>  "This is the future site for the FreeBSD logo competiton which is
>   meant to create a new logo for the FreeBSD Project to supplement
>   the current Beastie mascot."
>
> Key word: supplement.

I was pretty hostile to the idea as many others were until I noticed
that, yes, it is supplement.  I hope that this means if a new logo is
chosen, Beastie will still have a place on the freebsd.org main page as
mascot along with the new logo.

--
Robin Schoonover            <end@endif.cjb.net> <endx7@users.sf.net>
                                   <robin.schoonover@gmail.com>