Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:29:47 +0200
From:      Rudolf Cejka <cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rsync or cvsup?

Ken Smith wrote (2004/06/02):
> You can choose between cvsup/rsync for mirroring the FTP site.  On
> ftp-master.freebsd.org we do prefer people use CVSup if possible because
> it is less of a memory hog than rsync is.  Peter was right about the
> size (it's gone up since then) though we do allow 8 connects, not 1. ;-)

ftp-master.{cz,eu}.FreeBSD.org has limit of 10 connections and still has
free resources, so I still do not prefer any method for mirroring from
ftp-master.{cz,eu}.FreeBSD.org.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology