Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:14:50 -0500
From:      Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question. Multi Boot

At 05:04 p.m. 18/04/2010, you wrote:

>On 4/18/10 12:50 PM, Kruppa, Peter Ulrich wrote:
>>Since Windows isn't very cooperative with other operating systems,
>>leave it where it is, buy a second hard disk and install FreeBSD
>>(and Linux) on it. The FreeBSD bootmanager will be able to boot
>>Windows but Windows will not boot any FreeBSD or Linux.
>I would agree that is the safest way to proceed, although the
>repartitioning of the hard disk as outlined by somebody else would
>certainly work.  However, even here I would urge you to have a
>complete backup that you have verified is usable before you
>start.  Makes that sinking feeling in your stomach when you realize
>you've just partitioned the wrong drive much less ugly.  :-)
>
>--Jon Radel

Hello all.

Thanks for your comments.

The disk I have, actually has around 90GB of free space (more I
guess). I will do repartition with Norton and will leave 2 partitions
of 40GB for each extra OS. I then will install FB on the first one to
have the boot manager there and later Linux on the other partition. I
guess that could work. I hope so.

Thanks for your time.

JB