Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:54:46 -0500
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        jyyou@cs.nctu.edu.tw, lichray@gmail.com, avilla@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD@Shaneware.biz, gahr@FreeBSD.org, cy@FreeBSD.org, eadler@FreeBSD.org, office@FreeBSD.org, vsityz@gmail.com, chromium@FreeBSD.org, masaki@club.kyutech.ac.jp
Subject:   changes to clang and llvm ports

--i7F3eY7HS/tUJxUd

You are recieving this message because you maintain a port that users
devel/llvm, devel/llvm31, lang/clang, or lang/clang31.

I've added two new ports devel/llvm32 and lang/clang32 which will soon
replace devel/llvm and devel/clang.  They are identical except that they
have different paths so they don't conflict with other ports and the programs
installed in ${PREFIX}/bin are suffixed with "32" (i.e. llvm-config32,
clang32).  If your port users the old conflicting versions it should
stop doing so and switch to an appropriate non-conflicting port.

I plan to similarly modify devel/llvm31 and devel/clang31 so pure and
clay will need to be modified along with that commit.

In general, ports that already use llvm-config should just need to be
told to use the correct one.  Other ports should likely be able to get
by with setting CC, CXX, etc.

Once the new ports are in place I will try to find some time to
implement appropriate USES=clang and llvm functionality, but I haven't
thought about that in much detail yet.

-- Brooks

--i7F3eY7HS/tUJxUd

--i7F3eY7HS/tUJxUd--