Date:      Thu, 4 May 2000 18:14:09 -0700
From:      Dirk Myers <dirkm@teleport.com>
To:        Scott Gasch <scott@mail.medsp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mcafee uvscan

An infinite number of monkeys (collectively referred to
as "Scott Gasch") flailed at their keyboards, producing:

> So my question to you is this -- does anyone know the status of
> Mcafee's support for UNIX?  If the project is still alive has anyone
> managed to get these guys to take your money?  If its dead, what are
> the alternatives?

As far as I can tell McAfee's support for *nix is pretty much
nonexistent.  (If that's not the case, and I'm just not doing the
right thing, I'd love to hear about it.)

However, Sophos ( http://www.sophos.com/ ) has a virus scanner for
many Unix and Unix-like platforms... which, according to their web
page, includes FreeBSD.  There may be others around; that's the one I
happen to know of.

Let me know if you end up trying it!

Dirk	   dirkm@teleport.com
--
Do the simplest thing which could possibly work.  -- Kent Beck