Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 2000 14:40:25 -0400
From:      "Richard E. Hawkins" <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   convincing (n)mh to use vim rather than vi

OK, I'm stumped.  I've tried setting both $EDITOR and $VISUAL, as well
as first reading, then madly grepping my way through the man for nmh.

Nothing I do convinces it to use /usr/local/bin/vim rather than /usr/bin/vi.

I've even tried aliasing vi to /usr/local/bin/vim, all to no avail.

The answer must be obvious, so could someone give me a hint
before it turns into a snake and bites me? :)

thanks

rick