Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 02:55:56 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@informatik.uni-halle.de>
To:        Nicolas Blais <nicblais@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: partitions]

Nicolas Blais schrieb:

> Thanks but I don't want to have to pay for Partition Magic.  I guess it's
> bye bye Windows.

No. I don't think. If you have some courage, you can write a small dos
or
linux or bsd basing program, which moves your partition a few cylinders
ago (right word?).
Don't forget to modify the MBR!
If Your Windows partition is to big, use fips before to shrink it.
Inside a FAT partition, all sectors are addressed relative to the start
(LBA),
so it makes no difference for the system were the partition starts.

the algorithm should be like

  int i;
  unsigned n = 100MB;

  for( i = last sector; i >= 0; i-- )
    hd_sector[i+n] = hd_sector[i];

> Thanks anyway.
Thank me when I helped you solve your problem, not when I help you crash
your
HD :-)
http://prime-mover.cc.waikato.ac.nz/simon.html

Ciao