Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 15:40:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        jeroen@vangelderen.org (Jeroen C. van Gelderen)
Cc:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk (Poul-Henning Kamp), shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp (Yoshinobu Inoue), beyssac@enst.fr, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Should jail treat ip-number?

> Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> > >-Jail(2) specify "ip_number" and/or "ip6_number" into the kernel.
> >
> > Well, I guess we want it to be "and", right ?  Will people want to
> > bind both a IPv4 and IPv6 address (does it make sense to do so ?)
> > or will people only need to bind one of them ?
>
> What about multiple IPv6 or IPv4 addresses per jail? It might be a
> good idea while Inoue-san is at it. Or is this an incredibly stupid
> question?

I don't know how technically difficult it would be to allow multiple
IPv4 and IPv6 addresses per jail, but I can think of a few very good
things to do with it.  I spend a fair amount of time playing with
routing protocols and it would be wonderful to be able to create
jailed version of gated/zebra/rodscode on the same box and watch
them interact.  It would probably cut the size of my hardware lab
used for this now in half or maybe even quarter it!

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net