Date:               Wed, 18 Sep 1996 09:13:08 GMT+0100
From:      "Kees Jan Koster" <Kees.Koster@nym.sc.philips.com>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:         Re: Triton I Triton II boot problem

> Van:              "David Alderman" <dave@persprog.com>
> Organisatie:      Personalized Programming, Inc
> Aan:              freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
> Datum verzending: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 17:22:06 +0500
> Onderwerp:        Triton I Triton II boot problem
> Prioriteit:       normal

Well... It may not be helpful, but I noticed that when I tried to
overclock my cpu, one of the symptoms of a failing clock setting was
that the BOIS failed to probe my (onboard) IDE and (53C810) SCSI
controller correctly. Putting the cpu back at its specified speed
(and proper voltage <:-] ) cured the problem.

Also I had to disable all PnP to actually get the BIOS to assign my
SCSI card an irq.

Not much, but maybe it helps?

Groetjes,
  Kees Jan