Date:      Fri, 05 Mar 1999 01:50:03 -0400
From:      Damian Redmond <damian.redmond@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Troubles with FreeBSD

Hi, my name is Damian Redmond. I've recently tried to install FreeBSD on
an AMD K-6-2 350MHz system, but I've had trouble... it calls an error
called a "panic: page fault" and then aborts the install.  I've done it
several times and it's halted in different places.  I've used Partition
Magic 4 to create a 2Gb slice of free space for FreeBSD to install to,
the only problems come when it's actually installing the files.  If you
could give me any help, it'd be much appreciated