Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 00:00:10 -0500
From:      "Bradley Dunn" <dunn@harborcom.net>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel panic - double fault

Well, the new (old) pmap.c seems to be holding up. The machine
previously crashed at least once every 24 hours. It has now been up
for over 48. Just to let you know that the pmap code seems to have
made the difference.

On  9 Jun 96 at 17:54, David Greenman wrote:

> >FWIW, our news server has been crashing about once a day with this
> >double fault as well. Next time it happens I'll look up the address
> > and forward it on. It was doing this before the mega-commit, so
> >after things got cleaned up I rebuilt but the machine still goes
> >down about once a day, usually during an expire.
>
>    Please update your kernel to the "current" -stable. I just
>    reverted the
> pmap code to what was in 2.1R due to possibly related problems.
>
> -DG

Bradley Dunn <dunn@harborcom.net>
Harbor Communications -- www.haborcom.net
or something...