Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 1999 17:09:45 +1000
From:      "betterformat" <betterformat@astea.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   syslog problem

Hi All,
I had my fbsd firewall logging to the console but I wanted
to log to a file instead for a while..... so I made the following
changes:-

*.*		@10.0.0.15
*.*		/dev/console

was changed to:-

*.*		@10.0.0.15
*.*		/var/log/sys.log

It stopped logging to the console (I expected this) and didn't
start logging to the specified location (yes the location does
exist). So I switched back to the original config and now it
doesn't even log to the console..... I didn't edit anything else.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might have broken?

Thanks in advance,
Leo