Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 22:15:05 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Karl Jeacle <karl@jeacle.ie>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ES1373/1373 driver now committed to -stable {was: icecast on  3.3-STABLE runs great)

Karl Jeacle wrote:

> On Wed 17 Nov 99, 09:20:46 +0000, Roger Hardiman wrote:
> > I committed Russells patch for ES1371/1373 to -STABLE yesterday.
> > This means FreeBSD now supports the later revision
> > Ensoniq and SoundBlaster PCI 16/64/128 cards (in theory)
>
> Do any of these cards work in full-duplex mode?

Not yet.

The hardware is capable. The driver does not support it yet.

Any offers for driver hackers to help?

> Can anyone recommend a branded soundcard that will work in full-duplex
> mode with 3.3-STABLE? I've got some really old SoundBlasters, and they
> work, but what kind of card can I order for new PCs?

Currently, you need to find an ISA sound card with an MSS style
audio codec, one supported by Luigi's PCM driver.

However, I hope we can get full duplex on the 137x series sorted out
in the next week or two.

Roger
--
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Research Group, Glasgow, Scotland.