Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 18:08:11 -0400
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VT320 terminal connection problems

[ -hardware removed ]

On Fri, Aug 21, 1998 at 01:45:53PM -0700, GReg Sutter wrote:

> The FreeBSD box is using a standard termcap and gettytab.  It's got a
> modem at cuaa0 (which is why I've mainly been trying ttyd1).  Running
> FreeBSD 2.2.5-STABLE.

Is sio1 correctly detected at boot?  (If you have a 16550A, then
a boot message claiming a 16450 is a non-detection, sigh.)  Sort
of equivalently, does a mouse or external modem work on that port?

If they're talking correctly, you should be able to run
"cu -s 9600 -l /dev/cuaa1" (without getty running on the line)
and type to the terminal, and vice-versa.

You might also fire up "systat -v" and see if any interrupts
come across sio1 when you type on the terminal.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com> * Inertia is a property of matter.
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/pgp.key for PGP public key 0x67203349.