Date:      Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:58:40 -0600
From:      Suicide Cries <suicidecries@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OpenBGPd on FreeBSD 8.2 no kernel support for PF_KEY

Hello FreeBSD team,

I am setting up OpenBGP on FreeBSD 8.2 and encountering an issue.  We are
using md5 authentication with our ISP and "no kernel support for PF_KEY" and
"md5sig not available, disabling".  Am I missing a device in my kernel
configuraton?  Other than the GENERIC configuration, here are the devices
and options I have compiled in:

device          carp
options         IPSEC
options   IPSEC_NAT_T
device          crypto
device pf
device pfsync
device pflog
options         ALTQ
options         ALTQ_CBQ
options         ALTQ_RED
options         ALTQ_RIO
options         ALTQ_HFSC
options         ALTQ_PRIQ
options         ALTQ_NOPCC

relevant portions of bgpd.conf:
AS 10753
router-id x.x.x.x

network x.x.x.x/28

neighbor x.x.x.x {
remote-as 3356
descr "AS 3356 peer 1"
announce self
tcp md5sig password XXXX
}

I've previously used OpenBPGD on OpenBSD and never had an issue.  My guess
is likely this is a quick fix and I would appreciate a quick response.  Many
thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Chris