Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 02:15:02 -0400
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disklabel -- owner?

At 11:41 PM 4/19/97 -0600, Warner Losh wrote:

>Heck, I'd be happy to try to rewrite the whole fdisk/disklabel junk
>into a nice, easy to use script.  sysinstall is OK, but it isn't as
>nice as I'd like.  Is there a need for this, or are people generally
>happy with the tools we have?

Oh, please, please, rewrite it!  You'd have my gratitude!  :-)

If FreeBSD's installation and, more importantly, configuration procedure
(e.g., kernel re-compilation, XFree86 setup, PPP dialup, etc.) could be
simplified, it would be well on its way to increasing its growth rate.

K.S.

PS -- In defense of Microsoft's 32-bit Windows installations, I think that
if FreeBSD were supporting as much legacy hardware in a Plug-and-Play fasion
as Windows, it would crash a few systems during auto-detection, too.