Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2013 09:48:04 +0000
From:      krad <kraduk@gmail.com>
To:        Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: System reboots ~3am during daily periodic 450.status-security run

or you could use the @reboot option, that would mean it always runs at
crons start, which may not be what you want, Alternatively you could cron
your script every x period and get it to touch a file in /tmp, if its
younger than x, the script terminates, if not you retouch and carry on.
More messy but no extra software.

With regards to partition layouts, I think sticking everything on / is
crazy, and is geared up more for novice users who want flexibility. However
if you want flexibility you should really use zfs in my opinion if at all
possible. On a production ufs system I always keep the / fs purely read
only apart from system updates. If I want to save mountpoints, i will drop
/usr and /usr/local, but never /var /tmp, and /home