Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2007 14:55:24 +0200
From:      "marco\.borsatino\@poste\.it" <marco.borsatino@poste.it>
To:        "freebsd-apache" <freebsd-apache@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Tomcat

I am trying to install Tomcat on ADM 64 - FreeBSD 6.2.
Installation sequence:
- cd /usr/ports/www/tomcat6.0
- make all install =3D> OK
- export CATALINA_HOME=3D/usr/local/apache-tomcat6.0
- export JAVA_HOME=3D/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0

Then, from $CATALINA_HOME/bin, I tryed "./startup.sh"; I got
no error messages; so I tryed to go to
http://localhost:8080, but I got an error: impossible to
establish connection.

So, according with on-line tomcat documentation:
- cd $CATALINA_HOME/bin
- tar xzf jsvc.tar.gz
- cd jsvc-src
- autoconf261 (installed from ports)
- chmod u+w configure
- ./configure
Here I get an error message: unsupported operating system
"freebsd6.2".

I want to clarify than, on the PC where I was trying to
install tomcat, there is Apache 2.2 with a very basic
configuration.

Where is my mistake?

Thanks for helping me.

Marco