Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:53:20 +0100
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org, java@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Chris.LeDantec@netbeans.com: RE: [NB-EAP] when compiling: iconv_open - undefined symbol]

Anyone else also having these
problems with Forte4j (netbeans) under FreeBSD?

----- Forwarded message from Chris LeDantec <Chris.LeDantec@netbeans.com> -----

From: Chris LeDantec <Chris.LeDantec@netbeans.com>
To: "'eap-interest@developer.netbeans.com'"
	 <eap-interest@developer.netbeans.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:13:12 +0100

the problem that you are seeing is most likely the result of fastjavac being
designed for linux and not freebsd.  there are some definite library
differences and kernel differences that will cause the binaries for linux to
not work under *bsd. mind that we haven't had a chance to test this scenario
in house so i'm just flying by what i know of linux and what little i know
of *bsd.

make sure that you have all the necessary libs -i'm guessing you do since
you have the linux jdk running... you can also try running fastjavac from
the command-line to see if you get any more information.

regards,
chris ledantec
sun microsystem.