Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2007 06:17:47 +0000 (UTC)
From:      (Ganbold.TS) ganbold@micom.mng.net
To:        Simon Phoenix <phoenix.lists@gmail.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, kde@freebsd.org, Beni <beni@brinckman.info>
Subject:   RE: Re: [kde-freebsd] problem hal - k3b ?

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-April/070753.htm

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2007-April/034486.html

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2007-April/034553.html

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2007-April/034602.html

> >> :
> >>
> >> "I believe the culprit is somewhere in a recent
> MFC to atapi-cam.c
> >> (rev 1.42.2.3) reverting to rev 1.42.2.2 fixes
> both the k3b system
> >> hangs and "INQUIRY ILLEGAL REQUEST" errors here."
> >>

> > Most probably. I updated everything, including
> source and ports on April
> > 22nd and
> > the problem still exists. k3b hangs after loading
> splash screen and I
> > had to use
> > power button on my laptop to power down and up the
> system.
> >
> > I will try to revert rev 1.42.2.2 and see what will
> happen.

I can confirm that with atapi-cam.c (rev 1.42.2.2) k3b starts fine.
At least no more hangs at splash screen start.

Ganbold