Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:50:30 +0800
From:      "Jiawei Ye" <leafy7382@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd ports" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   portmaster, bison, java/jdk15

I am running into 2 problems.

1. Some ports want devel/bison as dependancy, I installed devel/bison2
and it works too. But when the bison1 depending port gets upgraded by
portmaster, portmaster will insist on bringing in devel/bison, instead
of devel/bison2. Not sure what the correct solution is.

2. I just made a java/jdk15 yesterday, and the port gets updated
today, resulting in portmaster wanting to upgrade the port, but
portmaster will also try to install linux-sun-jdk15 as a dependancy on
JDK15. The normal situation is that when there is a native JDK/Diablo
present in the system, JDK15 port shouldn't depend on linux-sun-jdk
for bootstrapping. I am not sure if this is a problem with the jdk15
port itself or not. doing "make clean" in java/jdk15 does list
linux-sun-jdk as a dependancy, but simple 'make install' will not pull
it in, is this contradictory?

Jiawei Ye

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming