Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 09:00:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.6-RC system hangs (fxp0, smp, sym)

Pete French wrote:
> Interesting. I see exactly the same behaviour on a Compaq Proliant
> server aas of the lastest SUP. The problem is only exhibited under
> SMP - UP appears to work fine. I dont have fxp cards though, they
> are all tl's
>
> Does this look familiar ?

> > All hints welcome. SCSI is SYMBIOS 53C875.
> I think thats the same controller as on the Compaq

Fascinating.  Same problem here, only with a Tyan Thunder 2500 (Serverworks
chipset).  Symbios 53C896 SCSI, fxp0 ethernet.  Hangs, but no messages, no
bus resets, nothing.  I do occasionally see "psmintr: out of sync" messages,
but I think that's just a symptom of the hang, not a cause.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/