Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:29:47 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   exporting TERM from a script

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

Here is a very simple script for changing my TERM setting manually.  Why
doesn't it work?  Inside the script, TERM has the value 'cons25,' but when
it exits, it goes back to vt100 or xterm-color.  Shouldn't export fix this?
I've used TERM in my shell startup and exported it after setting it, and it
works fine.  I can also change it manually from the console, and it works
fine.  It is just this file.

Jonathon
--
Microsoft complaining about the source license used by
Linux is like the event horizon calling the kettle black.

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

#!/bin/sh

echo "gonet!"
cat ~/.mutt/.mutt0 ~/.mutt/.mutt2 > ~/.muttrc
TERM=cons25;export TERM
echo $TERM

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF--