Date:      Tue, 04 Feb 1997 00:41:54 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk>
To:        Ari Suutari <ari.suutari@ps.carel.fi>
Cc:        "'cmott@srv.net'" <cmott@srv.net>, hackers@freebsd.org, Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>, brian@utell.co.uk
Subject:   Re: Single socket version of natd

> Hi,
>
> 	I fixed the core dump - it was a silly-almost-typing mistake.
> 	About using /etc/services for the port numbers: I was already
> 	putting it when I started to think should it be natd/tcp or
> 	natd/udp or something else (since the sockets are not
> 	tcp or udp sockets). Any opinions on that ?
>
> 		Ari S.

I received your fix for the coredumps - I'll test them tomorrow evening.
Thanks.

I've had a look at the getservbyname stuff.... it's possible to call
getservbyname( ..., "raw" ) and have an entry in /etc/services saying

    masqd 6668/raw  # This is a raw socket

I think this is the best option - is there any reason why this shouldn't
be so (cc to hackers@freebsd.org) ?  It seems more appropriate than putting
"untrue" stuff in here.  Maybe "divert" would be more appropriate ?

BTW, Charles/Elvind - what's the score with the code that attempts to "keep"
the source port ?  This idea is growing on me ;)  I've tested 1.9 (http ref
from www.srv.net/~cmott to Elvind's page) and it seems good.  It's gettin'
*real* close to 2.2-GAMMA now - it would be *really* nice to have this code
make it to 2.2 :-O
--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.demon.co.uk/>;