Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2004 06:56:42 GMT
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        dkg@con-fuse.org, murray@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/68115: ISO-IMAGES-i386/README.TXT - cdrecord is able to deal with IDE devices

Synopsis: ISO-IMAGES-i386/README.TXT - cdrecord is able to deal with IDE devices

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: murray
State-Changed-When: Thu Jul 15 06:55:46 GMT 2004
State-Changed-Why:
Whether cdrecord supports ATAPI drives or not is irrellevant.  This
readme just includes a quick note that says we recommend cdrecord for
SCSI and burncd for ATA.  One reason we recommend cdrecord only for
the SCSI case, is because people spend too much time figuring out
wheter or not cdrecord will work for their ATAPI drive when they could
just use burncd and be done with it.

We are just giving pointers to some possible tools, not documenting
the features of those tools.

Thanks for the submission.