Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:10:16 -0500
From:      "Christopher Piggott HOME" <chrisp@rochester.rr.com>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem building 4.5-RELEASE on AlphaStation

Received the following error:

/usr/src/sys/alpha/alpha/mem.c: In function `mmopen':
/usr/src/sys/alpha/alpha/mem.c:141: `FWRITE' undeclared (first use in this
function)
/usr/src/sys/alpha/alpha/mem.c:141: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
/usr/src/sys/alpha/alpha/mem.c:141: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

Looking at sys/fcntl.h it looks like FWRITE is not defined if _POSIX_SOURCE
is defined.  There is a comment about this in fcntl.h but it talks about
_KERNEL, which is not what the #ifndef actually looks for.

For now, I'm building it without MFS and I'll see what happens (I don't
really need it anyway) -- but if somebody has a better fix please email me
directly, chrisp@rochester.rr.com  Thanks.

--Chris