Date:      Fri, 25 May 2007 16:41:18 +0300
From:      Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass@teledomenet.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Pei Pjf <peter@topcomtech.com.cn>
Subject:   Re: mpd4 cann't work after upgrade freebsd os

On Friday 25 May 2007 06:50, Pei Pjf wrote:
> Dear list
>  when I upgraded freebsd os from 5.1-->5.5-->6.0-->6.2, all works
>  fine but mpd can not work well.
>
> mail# mpd4 -k
> Multi-link PPP daemon for FreeBSD
> process 4120 started, version 4.1 (root@mail.topcomtech.com.cn 00:52
> 25-May-2007)
>
> CONSOLE: listening on 0.0.0.0 5005
> [myisp] can't create socket node: No such file or directory

That probably means that a required kernel module
is not loaded.

> [myisp] using interface
> [usr] can't open /dev/cuaa1: No such file or directory

There is no such device in FreeBSD-6. Hint use /dev/cuad,
not /dev/cuaa.

nik:0:~$ ls /dev/cuad0*
/dev/cuad0      /dev/cuad0.init /dev/cuad0.lock

[snip]

> mail# kldstat
> Id Refs Address    Size     Name
>  1    1 0xc0400000 3d7d60   kernel

That's only your kernel loaded, no modules.
Either you have the required netgraph nodes
built in your kernel or not at all. You can
see what's builtin in your kernel using:
kldstat -v | grep ng_

Most probably something is wrong with your
kernel and/or your update.

Also, did you rebuild mpd4?

Nikos