Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:30:26 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        David Stein <dstein@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ddial not working properly?

The best way to diagnose this is to run ppp interactively with ``ppp
isp'' and then at the prompt, ``set mode ddial''.

Once the disconnection happens you can ``show timer'' to see that the
redial timer is active.  Do it a few times to ensure that it's
decreasing.

A ``set log local phase lcp'' will help too.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>