Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:04:22 +0200
From:      Claude Buisson <clbuisson@orange.fr>
To:        Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10-CURRENT and 9-STABLE snapshots

On 10/10/2012 14:46, Jakub Lach wrote:
> "Any questions and suggestions are welcome. Contact hrs@FreeBSD.org."
>
> But good catch, if your reasoning is indeed correct.

Honestly, my message was also a test about the current state of the svn to cvs
gateway. Is it down without nobody taking care ? or have it been killed without
a proper announcement ?

I have migrated to svn, and I "enjoy" the following "benefits":

- I had to install a complete VCS I have no (other) need of,
- compared to cvsup, the svn update logs are too terse, and need to be sorted,
- the response times of svnweb.freebsd.org are nearly unbearable, at least from
my small european village,
- the disk usage more than doubled, but GBytes are cheap as say those who do not
pay with their own wallet,
- my backups take now a too loooonnnggg time

Perharps des@ svnsup project will succeed but there not seems to be much activity.

As an addon, according to lists.freebsd.org, svn-ports have not been updated
since more than a day...

> And for the record, they are NOT official snapshots.

I know, but:

- there are no more "official snapshots" on freebsd.org
- anybody enquiring about it on the lists is directed to allbsd.org
- the recently created snapshots.glenbarber.us is much more limited

Claude Buisson