Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:22:29 +1030 (CST)
From:      Jarrod Sayers <Jarrod.Sayers@unisa.edu.au>
To:        Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Loading if_xl from the loader

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:14:23 +1030
> From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
> To: Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>
> Cc: freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: Loading if_xl from the loader
>
> On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 10:07, Mike Hogsett wrote:
> > Could if_xl depend on miibus and thus not be loaded because miibus hasn't
> > been loaded yet?  Try putting `miibus_load="YES"' before `if_xl_load="YES"'
>
> I just tried that, no change :(
>
> FWIW the loader does know that if_xl needs miibus and loads that first.
>
> Hmm, I just rebooted it again and found that if I interrupt the loader
> after it's loaded all the modules (including if_xl :) then do 'lsmod'
> if_xl doesn't show up!

Daniel,

What happens if you take miibus_load="YES" out of loader.conf?  Is it
still loaded as a dependancy by the loader when it trys to load if_xl?

Just an idea..

Jarrod Sayers
Information Strategy and Technology Services
University of South Australia
Phone: +61 8 8302 4809

"There are only 10 types of people in the world:
 Those who understand binary, and those who don't"